Friday, June 6, 2014

What I am learning on this Journey of Becoming... ME!

My face is lookin' mighty skinny these days.
It is so interesting to me that in this journey of weight loss and becoming, I feel like I am awakening to a new level of consciousness. Since diagnosis everything has changed. 
As my body heals and changes, my outlook on life and perspective changes.  I am alive and experiencing things I haven't before. I felt like before when I was so sick that I was doing what I could to survive. I was just trying to get through the day. I would wake up exhausted, roll out of bed and think " I just have to make it through the 8 hours at work, then I can come home and sleep again." 

Now I have hope that life can be full. I have dreams and aspirations and the energy to actually accomplish them now. We are in charge of our lives. We get to decide who we are and what we do. We have infinite potential to create and do good. I am so excited to BECOME. I know that all things are possible with the Lord's help. This experience has definitely been a journey of healing, self discovery, and growth. 

I am a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is part of who I am. It means so much to me. 

I was on Facebook today and came across this talk by President Gordon B. Hinckley. It was exactly the "Go get 'em" I needed today and can apply to anyone no matter what faith or religious background you hail from. Fight the good fight, do not give up on yourself or your health. You can do this. 

 " Be Ambitious, Don't short circuit yourself." [ think he meant short change] "Never lose sight of the fact that you are a child of God with a divine destiny and capable of doing great and good and wonderful things. Don't sell yourself short, don't cheapen yourselves. You know who you are. You know that you are a child of God and that your Heavenly Father expects something great and noble and good of each of you...

... Maintain your integrity, be honest, be good, be decent, be prayerful and the God of Heaven will smile upon you and bless you and give happiness into your hearts and a sense of peace in your lives. You just have to do your very best. With all the capability that you have, you have to do your very best and somehow if you do that God will open the way before you and the sun will shine and your lives will be fruitful and you will accomplish great good in the world. 

May your tears be few and your smiles be many as you go forward in your lives. 

There is no end in sight for the good you can do... The work of the world is not done by geniuses. It's done by ordinary people who have learned to work in an extraordinary way." 

Say. "I can do the Right thing today, God be my helper and I will do it." 

I know there are so many out there suffering through the same disease that I am, but please do not give up. Last year I was ready to give up. I was so miserable, but thankfully with the love and encouragement of my family I pulled through. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE! It is my shared hope that those who are reading this and those who are also walking this walk will find that their tears are few and their smiles many. 

We may have Hashimoto's, but Hashimoto's does not have us! Hoorah! 


No comments:

Post a Comment