Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Food...

One of the first things Dr. Stadler had me do was change my eating habits. 


  • Eat a vegetable and protein with each meal
  • NO more Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Iodized Salt, Potatoes, Corn, Tomatoes, Sugars except those from fruit and chocolate. Thank goodness I already stayed away from Soda, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs. 
  • Drink 13 cups of water a day. (My potty breaks definitely increased at first) 
I found it quite easy to make the changes. I was more than ready to feel GOOD. I was sick of being sick and tired all the time. 

Before getting the Anti-inflammatory Diet protocol I knew that I was going to have to be Gluten Free. A week before my blood tests, I went Gluten free. Before testing for my food panels, I decided to eat gluten again just so I could really see what it was doing to my body. I went to Zupa's after my Doc appointment and ate the amazingly delicious bread they give with a meal. Within a half hour my glands became swollen and sore. My back hurt, I got a headache and I was sick to my stomach. That was enough to convince me not to eat it 
EVER AGAIN! 

Finding foods that I can eat can be VERY challenging at times, especially when I am away from home. Going out to eat... forget about it. Eating out comes at the cost of getting sick and swollen the next day. Even if the staff is super careful. Not to mention the fact that it takes an hour on the phone to find out what is in their food and then hassle and headache with the waiters. I hate to make a fuss, but if I don't I will get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment