Friday, June 6, 2014

"So What can you Eat?"

That is always the question people ask me when I give them the laundry list of things that I cannot have. Haha With RedRiver they put you on the basic Anti-inflammatory diet and then you test certain foods to see if your body reacts to the food at all. Much like the AIP diet, only they have developed this diet themselves and have really helped me navigate it. I am part of a Hashimoto's Support group and I read the frustration and confusion that so many people are suffering from. There is hope. I am so grateful that they are educating me and know what is going on in my body and how to manage the flair ups. 

I have created a spreadsheet so I can keep track of my foods while I test. 

Foods That are APPROVED:

* Quinoa * Lean Grass fed Beef
* Buckwheat * Steel Cut Oats
* Sweet Potato  * Pork
* Fresh Fruits * Amaranth
* Fresh Vegetables * Peanuts
* Sea Salt *Hard Cheeses
* Peas (split, fresh, & snap) * Popcorn
* Garbanzo beans * Sweet Corn
* Fish excluding Shell fish * 100% Cacao
* Chicken  * Yogurt (Greek) 
* Turkey
* Lamb
* Olive Oil
* Coconut Oil
* Flaxseed Oil
* Unsweetened Almond Milk
* Raw Cashews
* Raw Almonds
* Raw Macadamia Nuts
* Raw Pecans
* Raw Walnuts
* Herbal Tea

Foods to Avoid:

* Dairy: Cow's milk * Green Beans
* Sausage * Kidney Beans
* Shellfish * Pinto Beans
* Butter * Black Beans
* Margarine * Yellow Wax Beans
* Shortening * Cantaloupe
* Eggs * Carrots
* Gluten * Cherries
* Tomatoes * Cranberries
* Dehydrated Fruit * Goats Milk
* Rice * Pineapple
* Dent Corn * Pumpkin
* Potatoes (white, red, yellow) * Sunflower
* Soda * Wheat
* Fruit Juices * Baker's Yeast
* Iodized (Table) Salt * Brewer's Yeast
* Sugar, cane * Tapioca
* Natural sweeteners * Rhodiola
* Agave & Honey * Cocoa Powder
* Artificial Sweeteners
* Soy or products with Soy
* Soy Milk or Tofu
* Pork
* Canned Meat
* Cold cuts
* Bacon
* Hot Dogs

KEY
Red= 3 on Immuno Bloodprint
Orange= 2 on Immuno Bloodprint
Purple= 1 on Immuno Bloodprint
Dark Blue= In Moderation
Green= Non-Reactive on Immuno BP
Pink= Tested.

Here is the Food Testing Table:

Date Food  Result
2/18,19 Steak Approved
2/21,22 Tomato Avoid
2/26,27 Egg Avoid
3/19,20 Steel Cut Oats Approved
3/22,23 Pork Approved
3/24,25 Tapioca Avoid
3/28,29 Brown Rice Approved
4/1,2 Amaranth Approved
4/3,4 Peanuts Approved
4/13,14 Stevia Avoid
4/15,16 Monk Fruit in the Raw Approved
5/4,5 Cheese Approved
5/6,7 Dent Corn (Tortilla) Avoid
5/10,11 Sweet Corn Approved
5/13,14 Yogurt Approved
5/ 15,16 Chocolate 100% Approved
5/ 18,19 Shrimp Avoid
5/ 21,22 Cocoa Powder Avoid
5/25,26 Popcorn Approved
6/1 Soy (edamame)  Avoid

There you go! That is a lot of information I know. I had to write it down otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep track of everything. This is my personalized diet based on my body and how it reacts to food. Everyone is different and they will react differently to these same foods. Take control of your diet though, it has made all the difference in the world for me. I feel so much better and have about 25 good days a month now. With exception to when I am testing those foods that have the big red AVOID next to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment